With the proper care your jewellery will remain in the beautiful condition you received it in. Read our care instructions for your jewellery type so you can have a lifetime with your treasured pieces.
Stainless Steel Waterproof Jewellery
What is Stainless Steel?
- It’s a hard material, so it doesn’t scratch easily;
- Given its durability and quality, it’s the material that Rolex and Cartier watches are made of - yes it’s true!
- It's a sustainable material: Stainless steel is 100% recyclable;
- Stainless steel is a hypoallergenic material, therefore suitable for those people who have an allergy to silver. Stainless steel is less allergenic than jewellery made of other metals, but it does contain a small amount of nickel.
But how does our jewelry keep its gold tone?
- Gold PVD coating can be 10 times thicker than standard gold plating!
- PVD is a vacuum coating process that produces a brilliant decorative and functional finish.
- PVD utilizes a titanium nitride that provides an extremely durable coating that makes our jewelry more resistant to corrosion from sweat and regular wear than the usual gold plating.
14kt Gold Care
- Ensure your jewellery has minimal contact with any cosmetics, hairspray or perfume.
- Do not wear your jewellery during any water related activities such as swimming or spas.
- Store all jewellery in a jewellery pouch or box and keep in a cool and dry place.
- To clean gemstones and pearls, use a soft slightly dampened cloth.
- Every gemstone has its own level of hardness, some are more durable than others, avoid harsh knocks.
925 Sterling Silver Care
All Sterling Silver used is 92.5% pure silver metal and 7.5% other alloys, usually copper. All Sterling Silver is prone to some degree of natural tarnishing: this is due to oxygen and moisture coming into contact with the precious metal.
To clean silver components in jewellery use a silver polishing cloth on a regular basis. Tarnish can be difficult to remove if a build up occurs.
Dust, pollution and daily wear can dull the surface of Sterling Silver, use a silver polishing cloth to renew the silver polished finish.
Pearls are organic in nature and need to be carefully looked after. Store them separately in our jewellery pouches/box provided NOT in a plastic bags or where dust can settle on them. Mild acids, detergents, soaps and cosmetics etc, can damage pearls. Extremes of heat can also cause pearls to dry out.
The crystals you wear or have around the house will need to be cleansed regularly, depending on how much you wear them, where you've been or how much action is going on around you or in the home. You’ll just not get that high vibe feeling you were getting in the beginning – cleanse it and it will feel as it did before.
All the Crystals are cleansed before I send them on their way to you. Please ensure you regularly cleanse them too. That way any negative energy is released and positive energy is restored so you can amplify, store and transmit only positive vibes.
How to cleanse your crystals and surroundings:
1. Selenite Charging Plates/Selenite Towers - Leave your crystal jewellery on one for up to 6+ hours. Take your jewellery off at night and let it recharge until the next morning. Wella-done! (We sell Selenite charging Plates and Towers)
2. The Full Moon - By placing your crystals under natural Moonlight is a gentle and penetrating method for recharging your crystals. The full moons’ light is the brightest in its cycle, thus giving a greater charge to your crystals.
3. Rinsing or bathing your crystals in natural rain-water, streams, waterfalls, the ocean, a river or any source you deem sacred is a good ways to cleanse and protect the integrity of your crystals. Dry them naturally in gentle sunlight. - This is not recommended for your Crystal Necklaces.
4. Smudge sticks - Smudging with white sage removes negative energy from crystals and space in your home. Ignite your smudging stick and pass the smoke over your crystals, and through any space you want to cleanse and allow the smoke to move around the space- I do this monthly around my house and before and after I have visitors. TIP: don't forget to smudge yourself first. Start from the crown of your head, and bring the smoke around the head, down the torso, and toward the feet. Front first then back. Don't forget the palms and soles. Open a door or window so the unwanted energy has a path to get out.
What are the chains made of?
The gold is 14kt gold electroplated & the silver is real 925 sterling silver electroplated.
Heidi Patrice jewelry is hypoallergenic & comes with a protective PVD coating over the gold, silver and stainless steel to prolong the durability of the plating and to help keep them from tarnishing, this protective layer is susceptible to wear and tear if not cared for properly so please follow our care instructions to maximize the life and quality of your jewelry.
What is the wire made of?
The wire is made from copper with gold or silver plating & a tarnish resistant coating of great quality.
Can I wear it in the shower?
I would not recommend wearing your crystal necklace in the shower. Not only will it reduce the quality of the chain and wire, some crystals can not get wet - for example Selenite, Pyrite, Malachite & Peacock Ore.
Children under 3 years of age should be supervised whilst wearing any of the jewellery pieces.
Remove all jewellery from toddlers and babies whilst sleeping or if unsupervised.